Job Opening: Customer Support
OpenROV is hiring!
Join us on our quest to democratize ocean exploration and discover the mysteries of the deep! We are starting to build our new line of underwater drones and we need capable people to help us scale our support team.
Customer Support Representative - Part-Time / Full-Time
- Part-time or full time
- Flexible schedule: part-time 12-25 hours per week @ 3 days/wk or full time
- Starts ASAP
- Work as part of a team to provide quality customer support and technical support.
- Troubleshoot customer problems.
- Repair and rework underwater drones.
- Monitor our customer-facing digital channels and serve customers wherever they are.
- Work with us to constantly improve the quality and efficiency of our support, repair, and other systems.
- Help create a consistent and appropriate company voice and digital presence.
- Help to build and maintain knowledge base and self-help articles.
- Assist with digital communication efforts such as email and social outreach.
- Organize and participate in outreach and community events.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written communication / interpersonal skills and a passion for collaboration.
- A very high attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Competent working knowledge of digital office productivity software, especially spreadsheets.
- Experience with business social media and/or community management.
- Experience with or willingness to learn digital support systems (Zendesk, Mailchimp, and similar).
Bonus points given for:
- Familiarity with all things maker, for example: laser cutting, 3D printing, and fabrication.
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as retail.
- Experience or interest in a related marine industry.
- Experience or interest in being on, near, or under water.
How to Apply:
Send an informal cover letter to [email protected] along with your resume.
OpenROV is a startup in Berkeley, CA that happens to be the world’s highest volume underwater Remote Operated Vehicle producer. We specialize in developing accessible exploration tools so that everyone can make discoveries about the world around them. When OpenROV formed in 2012, it was named one of the Best of 2012 Kickstarter projects with the introduction of a low-cost, build-it-yourself ROV kit that performed better than many commercial ROVs in the market. Since then, we have shipped over 3,500 ROVs to countries around the world, and are preparing to launch an exciting new “ready-to-dive” drone, Trident.